Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Asignment Due June 8th

Assignment Due Wednesday June 8, 2011

1) Post photograph of yourself and a small bio on the class blog. They to be creative in the photograph that you choose, it should represent something unique about you.

2) Read except from “The agency of Mapping”. How do you interpret this? Write a paragraph on what your interpretation of this sentence is?


James Corner, The agency of Mapping: Speculation, Critique and Invention.

From Mappings, Realtion Books, London, 1999, p. 231-252

Mapping is a fantastic cultural project, creating and building the world as much as measuring and describing it. Long affiliated with the planning and design of cities, landscapes and buildings, mapping is particularly instrumental in construing and constructing of lived space. In this active sense, the function of mapping is less to mirror reality than to engender the reshaping of worlds in which people live.

5 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm Jenny. I come from Taiwan. I have studied in United States for three years. Recently, I graduate from my high school. I have taken the fashion design class in my high school for one year and I find that I'm interested in fashion design. As a result, I plan to major in fashion design at Parsons after I finish the ESL course. I hope I can finish it as quickly as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am Randy Morales from Dominican Republic. I had a great childhood, grew up a little far (like 30min :P thats a long distance in my country) from the city, Santo Domingo and moved to the city when I was 18. There I went to college to do graphic design but I quit and then studied fine arts/illustration in Altos de Chavon graduated with and associate degree. And now Im in NY ready to become the best artist in the world. (yeah) B]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, this's Jaewon, Choi, and you can call me Jerry. I'm goning to apply for design&management at Parsons. After I graduate, I hope to work for LVMH, the biggest company in the fashion industry. I've been hooked on playing baseball, so if you play it or want to play, just let me know. It would be a great opportunity being close.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I'm Yoko from Japan. I have studied fashion design during my University years in Japan. Especially, I'm interested in costume designing. Because I love musicals, movies, dance performing, and so on. After graduating the school, I had worked at Universal Studios Japan as a costume department. The job was so fun, but that was not creative one, it was just like STAFF for costumes. Also I knew all of costumes are came from the States. Then I decided to study fashion design in English one more time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, I'm Marie from Japan.
    I started to be interested in Fashion when I was a elementary school student. Since then, for me Fashion is the best way of representing myself.
    I've studyed in Washington State and Korea before I come here NY, and found out how exciting to know the fashion trends and cultures of different countries.
    Those thinking and experiences influenced my desire to study Fashion Marketing at Parsons.
    Also, I love to talk with new people and learn differet cultures so feel easy to talk with me :)

    ReplyDelete